Saturday, July 9, 2011

It may be possible to view the future

I don't know how many of you have experienced it. Its rather very intriguing experience, and may be completely psychological. But still it has been occurring to me ever since I have known myself to be an observant. So many times does it happen that I just come across something for the first time, completely in a random way, without any prior fix-up, something which is not at all conspicuous in our world, not famous, and also may be set up times apart. I come across such a thing and pass on, and then I come across it again, in again a random way, in a completely unrelated setting, but yet soon enough that it can't be called a coincidence. This something can be anything from a new word, a phrase, a photo, a book, a person, a situation, or just anything. Just to make it more lucid, let me recall a recent occurrence of such an event. Today I came across a not very common photo clicked in 2009 in an online article published few months ago, and then just within a few minutes, I caught that same picture in a friends photo album uploaded in May last year. Similarly few days ago I watched a movie that got released in 1996. Amused by the concept, I checked out the wiki page of the movie and came across a word used to describe a very strange story set-up as in the novels written by a novelist who died almost a century ago. And the very next day, I was reading that word in the daily newspaper. I used to ignore such occurences thinking that may be things which I might have been ignoring earlier become conspicuous to my mind once I notice them. But lately I feel that this is not true. Because most of the times, there is no third time.
It's like that the two events which might appear to be as completely random and unrelated may actually be mathematically correlated, and so could be the whole world, each and every one of us, acting in accordance to a canon, an omniscient rule, a providence, as if everything is planned. And hence my very notion of predicting the future. May be we could decode the set of equations governing us and foresee what may come. Even thinking of the fact that quantum physics has been able to describe every event from the Big Bang, to the present day cosmos, universe dynamics, black holes etc. using a defined set of principles, it may be possible to find the missing link to join the past to our future. Or at least predict the possible trajectory that can be followed by each and every quark that makes up this universe and then do some wonder calculations to find out what would be the state of universe T time from now on. Looking at the pace with which the apparently invincible Science is conquering over the so called unachievables, I do expect that the day is not far away when we might be able to peek into tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I request the readers to post a comment if they have also experienced the same "Butterfly Effect"

    ReplyDelete
  2. care to share with readers the movie/author/article you are referring

    ReplyDelete